[United] Žaidėjai

Ar yra žaidėjas su platesne nosim nei Fredas?

Taip
37%
Ne
63%

Total votes: 43
Tommy
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 132

aBil
Posts in topic: 78

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1285157262860984320

Ką, egzpertai, mąstot apie vartininko poziciją? Kažkaip kuo toliau, tuo labiau akis bado vis prasileidžiami įvarčiai tokie, kaip vakarykštis antras. Nekainuos kažin vietos ČL kaip pernai. :think:
yodawg
Posts in topic: 37

Nėra čia ką mąstyti, kai Hendersoną turim, ir tuo labiau, kai galim prarasti. O bet tačiau, nusimato dar viena Rooney situacija, kur per brangus žaidėjas laikyt ant suolo, o pirkt nieks nenori.
fun43
Posts in topic: 59

Gal pirma vartininkų trenerį pakeist?
Šitas veikėjas treniravo nuo 2016 ir pernai išėjo iš United.
Dabar Ispanijoj jau spėjo papasakot, kad nebenori Davido treniruot...
Hendersonas irgi loterija imo
Sąžininga konkurencija būtų idealu.
Tommy
Site Admin

fun43 wrote: 20 Jul 2020, 15:45 Gal pirma vartininkų trenerį pakeist?
Šitas veikėjas treniravo nuo 2016 ir pernai išėjo iš United.

Dabar Ispanijoj jau spėjo papasakot, kad nebenori Davido treniruot...
Hendersonas irgi loterija imo
Sąžininga konkurencija būtų idealu.
Nebenori ir nebenorėjo, nes nenubyrėjo į kišenę nuo DDG kontrakto.

O šiaip tai dar ir iki jo ispanas pjovė (dėl ko čia kažkada turėjom diskusiją ar apskritai verta kontraktą pratęsinėti). Taip iš šalies pažiūrėjus, atrodo, jog Dovydas tiesiog ne(be)moka užsiimti teisingos pozicijos ir reikiamai pastatyti kojų (futsal ir pnš), nes visada griūna atbulas ir prasileidžia kiaurus. :confusion-scratchheadblue:
Wat Wat
Posts in topic: 102

Ka kolegos manot apie musu kapitona?
ramzis
Posts in topic: 159

Wat Wat wrote: 20 Jul 2020, 21:02 Ka kolegos manot apie musu kapitona?
Kai už VW sumoki AMG kainą ir tada netraukia kaip AMG, bet bent jau turi VW, kai prieš tai važinėjai su Seatu
ramzis

Per sezoną įstrigo šitas:

Jamesas iki gruodžio - 7.5/10
Jamesas po gruodžio - 0/10

Nesu tikras, ar mačiau kažką panašaus vienam sezone, kad ant tiek sunyktų.

Koks tai žaidėjas - Blackpoolas. Belieka nuomos pagrindais ristis per divizionus žemyn.
Tommy
Site Admin

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1290648774499602432

Dar bent 4-5 metus kankins reyu neįtikinančiais pasirodymais.
ramzis

Beje, žaidėjai turėjo savaitę atostogų po Lesterio ir tik vakar grįžo į treniruotes.
Tikėtasi kažkur nuo sausio.
Sėkmytės
Wat Wat
Posts in topic: 102

Klausimas francuzijos ziurovams - ar Martialis turetu but rinktinej?
T-Wolves
Posts in topic: 43

Pagal dabartinę formą - taip. Giroud vis tiek bus iki Euro 21 pagrindinis puolėjas, bet jeigu atmesim Benzema, tai Tony šį sezoną demonstruoja geriausią formą. Konkuruoja su Ben Yedder, Lacazette, Thuram, Plea dėl vietos rinktinėje.
Kas neramina, kad DD nėra didžiausias jo fanas, o ir Martial dar nespėjo gerai pasirodyti rinktinėje. Kaip rodo Laporte atvejis, neužtenka vien būti puikiu žaidėju, kad žaistum už Les Bleus.
ramzis

Wat Wat wrote: 06 Aug 2020, 23:52 Klausimas francuzijos ziurovams - ar Martialis turetu but rinktinej?
Nu gana jau vieną medalį Mourinho nuo bičo nutreniravo :eusa-whistle:
fun43
Posts in topic: 59

Gal kam niežti delnai kažką pavogt iš pat ryto?
Norėčiau paskaityt apie Brandoną... :oops:
https://theathletic.com/1986280/2020/08 ... ed_article
velnes
chaliavčikas galimai prie komunizmo
Posts in topic: 100

fun43 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 10:05 Gal kam niežti delnai kažką pavogt iš pat ryto?
Norėčiau paskaityt apie Brandoną... :oops:
https://theathletic.com/1986280/2020/08 ... ed_article
Nemoku įdėti į "spoiler". Gal adminai tai padarys.
Don’t say you haven’t been warned. It is there, in black and white, at The Snack Attack cafe, in Harpurhey’s indoor market, to let you know what you are dealing with. The message is, “Never underestimate the power of an extremely pissed off woman”.

The words are at the counter and you could easily get the wrong impression bearing in mind there is also a mocked-up street sign for “Bitch BLVD” above the shelf where the takeaway trays are stashed and an old box of Golden Wonder crisps holds the polystyrene cups.

But then again, it doesn’t need long in Lisa Wood’s company to realise that, as well as making a lovely cup of tea, part of her enjoyment from running a greasy-spoon cafe is the chit-chat and interaction with customers.

One of her regulars wants The Athletic to know that, through the back of the kitchen, there is a secret massage parlour where I could find out a lot more about what really goes on in Harpurhey.

Lisa rocks with laughter — “male humour!” — and flashes a look that suggests she might yet hit him with a rolling pin. Then someone else pops up wanting a bacon “barm” and she springs into action. This is north Manchester and, after 20 years of living in the city, I should know better than to point out a bread roll was known as a “cob” where I grew up, 90 miles south.

“It’s a barm here,” Lisa says. “Don’t be calling it a muffin either, it’s a barm.”

Argument over. “Do you want sauce?” Lisa asks.

Everyone seems to know Lisa round these parts. She is Harpurhey’s version of Coronation Street’s Betty Turpin, even if it’s bacon and eggs that she’s serving up to the locals instead of “Betty’s hotpot”. Lisa’s full English breakfast is £3.80. Toasted teacakes are 75p each. The locals reckon it is the best-value fry-up in Manchester — service with a smile, and maybe a few words about what’s going on at that football club on the other side of town.

Lisa, you see, also happens to be the mother to one of the Premier League’s stars in the making.

The clues are all on display. At the back of the cafe, a red, black and white scarf bears the words, “Brandon Williams, Manchester United and England”.

That one, “Bloomy” explains, came from the swagmen on Sir Matt Busby Way before a game at Old Trafford last season. Bloomy is a family friend and often drops in to have a chat with Lisa and help out behind the counter.

On another wall, there is a clock that has been made out of a saucepan. Or is it a saucepan made from a clock? Either way, it has a United crest in the middle.

There is a framed photograph showing Williams with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on the day the teenager signed a new contract in October. “Though he has signed another one since then,” Lisa reminds me.

Her customers bring her so many newspaper cuttings she has created a montage on the glass display where the Mars bars, Jammie Dodgers and various other treats are piled up in a bowl.

One clipping is the match report from the night Williams made his United debut in their EFL Cup tie against Rochdale last September. The picture shows him celebrating with Mason Greenwood after his fellow youth-team graduate had opened the scoring. The teamsheet is attached and Williams’ shirt number, 53, is a reminder perhaps that nobody at Old Trafford expected the 19-year-old to make 35 appearances, and counting, in his breakthrough season.

Another cutting is from the Manchester Evening News, with the headline “Solskjaer could be Will-ing to gamble on Reds youngster” and tells of Williams’ emergence from United’s seemingly endless conveyor belt of talent.

What I didn’t realise was that United’s left-back had grown up virtually in the shadow of the late comedian Bernard Manning’s Embassy Club. Or Bernard Manning’s “World Famous Embassy Club”, to use the title, in large black capital letters, that dominates its tired old facade on Rochdale Road.

Lisa has another stash of newspaper clippings that she keeps beneath the counter in a clear plastic case. All of them, she explains, were passed on by customers. And the chopping board was a gift, too. “People are always bringing us stuff,” she explains. “This one’s a photo of Brandon off the internet and it’s been printed on to the wood. I’m not sure how they did it, but it’s way too nice to use for cooking.”

Instead, it hangs from a nail outside. Another newspaper cutting has been tacked on and it is easy to understand why Lisa wanted this particular one on display. The headline is a direct quote from her son, reflecting on the biggest year of his life.

“It’s making my family and everyone around the area proud.”

You might know Harpurhey. Or at least you might think you do if you saw BBC Three’s documentary/reality TV series People Like Us and remember the controversy attached to what one newspaper branded “pantomime poverty”.

“It was basically the opposite to The Only Way Is Essex,” Simon Potterton, one of Lisa’s customers, explains. “They had the glamorous version down south where the biggest crisis for the people who were being filmed was whether to go out in their Mercedes or their Porsche. Then they wanted a ‘Shameless’ version and they chose Harpurhey.

“They interviewed people in Bernard Manning’s old pub because they knew that was where they would find all the local ‘characters.’ They filmed people queuing at 8am at the Post Office for their benefits. Then they told the story in the most condescending, sneering way possible. It was billed as ‘The Only Way is Harpurhey’. It upset a lot of people around here.”

If you are not familiar with Shameless, it is a comedy series about a dysfunctional working-class family on a Manchester council estate. It was filmed in Gorton, about five miles away. But the people of Harpurhey — named by a government study in 2007 as the most deprived neighbourhood in England — did not appreciate a London-based film company holding them up for ridicule as a real-life version.

“Some of it was filmed at a launderette called Wishy Washy and that isn’t even in Harpurhey,” Lisa complains. “That’s Moston, not Harpurhey.”

Was that a problem? Well, yes, actually. One scene from Wishy Washy showed an elderly woman being caught on CCTV as she went to the toilet in the launderette’s dustbin.

Lisa lowers her voice to a half-whisper… and did you know the Mancunian way of saying something wasn’t very nice?

“It was hanging!”

They say you are a product of where you are from, so perhaps we should not be surprised Williams has a tough, streetwise edge.

His first experiences of football were on a concrete, caged pitch opposite his house, often coming up against much older boys. The rule imposed by his parents was that he had to go home as soon as the street lights came on. Williams went to Harpur Mount primary school just up the road and has two cousins who are boxers, one being Commonwealth super-featherweight champion Zelfa Barrett.

“I tell everyone, proudly, I’m from around here,” Williams said in a television feature earlier this year. “Everyone knows each other and everyone cares.”

I want to know if Lisa feels the same. Was it true, I asked, that everyone had that community spirit?

Sean Quirk, one of Lisa’s regulars, is waiting for a cheese toastie and answers on her behalf. “Everyone knows each other, all right,” he says. “It’s incestuous, you see! Proper hillbilly country. We just don’t wear dungarees or play the banjo. And we’ve got our own teeth. Well, most of us, anyway.”

Sean, I quickly learn, would not be out of place with a comedy spot at the Embassy just round the corner.

He pronounces his name “Sharn” and grew up in Collyhurst, the neighbouring district in a city where the accent can change dramatically in the space of a few miles. “You know, when I go on holiday, people say to me, ‘What part of Liverpool are you from?’ They think I’m a Scouser. I say, ‘The north Manchester part, mate’, you know what I mean.”

Lisa has customers to serve and Sean, a friend of the family, invites me to his table.

“We’re all dead proud of him,” he says. “Dead proud of Lisa, too, for the way she has brought him up. She’s done a really good job with him. He’s got a lot of traits of his mum. He still comes here (the market), gets a bit of food and has time for everyone. He’s dead down-to-earth, no airs and graces.

“His mum’s proud of him and you would be, as a mother, wouldn’t you? Coming from a rough area and seeing your son make it at a big team like United… you can see he’s not fazed at all and that’s down to his grounding, isn’t it?

“That’s from being from round here, from being down to earth and knowing not to get above your station. Some footballers think they’re rock stars or movie stars when you hear them being interviewed. If he started being like that, he’d get a right clipping. His mum would bring him right back down to earth.”

Williams, I find out, has been in United’s system since the age of seven. Manchester City wanted him, too, but his dad, Paul, has always been a devoted Red in a part of the city, Lisa says, where it is roughly a 50-50 split. That made the decision straightforward for their son and the more you hear about his progression, the more it becomes clear that he was a natural, with both feet, from a young age.

Just consider the story of his first junior match. One of his friends’ dads had asked if he wanted to have a game for a local team, Bury Amateur, because they did not have enough substitutes. Another player came off injured, Williams went on and introduced himself with a hat-trick. The coaches sought out Paul afterwards. “Where have you been hiding him?”

Not that Williams particularly stood out in United’s youth ranks. Greenwood was in his age group, as well as other youngsters who have tasted first-team football in Dylan Levitt, James Garner and Angel Gomes.

“Brandon was never the high-flyer in the age groups,” says Nicky Butt, United’s head of first-team development. “We knew he was talented, otherwise he wouldn’t have come through the doors in the first place. But he is a good example that’s it not all about talent.”

A 16-year-old Williams in action against Northern Ireland Under-18s in 2017 (Photo: Getty)
It is certainly easy to understand why Butt, a Gorton lad who loved a 50-50 challenge in his own playing days, sees a bit of himself in a player who used to put on the boxing gloves to spar with Barrett and — here’s a little exclusive — planned to go into the army if he did not make it in football.

Gary Neville meant it as a compliment when he said Williams “would eat his opponent’s nose to win”.

That aggression can go too far sometimes, such as the occasion Williams indulged in some Manchester-Liverpool hostilities with Accrington Stanley’s captain, Sean McConville, during a pre-season fixture. McConville, the older man by 12 years, swung a punch. Williams came back with a headbutt on the Liverpudlian and was sent off.

“It’s from where I’ve been a kid,” Williams said last week when asked about his aggressive streak. “It’s drilled into you, part of the DNA. It’s just got to be controlled and not over the top; that’s what United coaches have given me.”

At United, they talk about the player’s growing maturity, his ability to handle pressure, his understanding of the game and the cleanness of his tackles. They like his competitive nature and see it as one of the reasons why he has been able to slip so seamlessly into the team.

Lisa, and all the people who know him best, can also talk about the teenager with a softer focus.

The time, for example, he captained United’s under-18s at Stoke City on the day after his grandmother died. Williams scored with a half-volley and was visibly emotional with his goal celebration. His team-mates all went to him, which was a measure of his popularity in the dressing room.

He has also earned the respect of his older team-mates — though the first time he was allowed to use the first-team car park, they did have a bit of fun at his expense. Ashley Young managed to get hold of Williams’ keys and one of the kit men manoeuvred the teenager’s car into the spot marked “manager”, directly in front of the main entrance. Williams, no mug, found out and hastily moved his car before it came to Solskjaer’s attention.

Brandon Williams, this up-and-at-‘em kid from a rough and tough Manchester estate, really takes no prisoners.

When the 19-year-old collided with Callum Hudson-Odoi at the start of the second half, he responded with a WWF choke-slam and dunked him over the advertising hoardings.

If you learn one thing, it is never to take on a kid from Harpurhey, Manchester.

Even the local newspaper, which traditionally champions their own neighbourhoods, has called it the worst place to live in Britain.

This passage was part of the match report in The Sun after United had knocked Chelsea out of the EFL Cup in October. One of Lisa’s customers printed out the online version and it now takes pride of place among the display she has created at her cafe.

Lisa has another article from the Manchester Evening News on display – “Wes says teen is no shrinking violet” – and, plainly, she does not mind her boy having a reputation for being able to look after himself.

The article has Wes Brown, another tough-tackling United defender in his day, talking about the new kid on the block. “He gets stuck in and every challenge, he accepts,” Brown says. ”He doesn’t try to shy away from anything. He won’t back down.”

Lisa recommends that I pop into the Embassy — “Have you got a gum shield?”, Sean wants to know — because that is where the really interesting locals like to drink.

A gum shield?

“Tell them I sent you,” Lisa says, “and you’ll be fine. It’s early, yet.”

The clock on her wall is ticking towards 11.30am. “You should be all right,” Sean says, and he is laughing again. “They will be too drunk to fight at this time. They’ve been drinking for an hour and a half now. Plus whatever they put away last night. They will all be pissed, and that’s just the bar staff.”

A lot of the other pubs, Sean tells me later, have closed down. And it soon becomes clear that, jokes aside, it hurts him to see the way Harpurhey has been stigmatised and run down.

“That documentary really brought down the area,” he says. “They wanted their own Shameless and it turned into a piss-take, showing all the bad sides of the area. It pissed off a lot of people. All it did was show everyone in a bad light when there are a lot of good people round here.”

People Like Us, a six-part series, focused on an area known as “Booze Alley” around Moston Lane, where there were 23 places selling alcohol along a one-and-a-half-mile stretch.

“It was derogatory and condescending and something like that can kill an area,” Sean says. “They didn’t go to the bus stop at 6am to find the person who was working an early shift at the local hospital. They didn’t interview the voluntary workers, the charity workers, the bus drivers. They just wanted to interview the drug dealers and shoplifters. It was a proper stitch-up.”

The anger still feels real, seven years since the series was shown. “I can tell you one word to describe it,” another of Lisa’s customers, John Riley, says. “You spell it: S-H-I-T. Harpurhey is not a bad area. They didn’t see the community spirit. Everybody has this area wrong. I moved away once, you know. I went to Longsight (south Manchester), but I came back.”

The people here still remember the public meeting when hundreds of locals gathered to express their disgust about the TV series, described by one MP as a “biased and distorted” misrepresentation of the area. Banners for “I love Harpurhey” were displayed by residents and shopkeepers. It did the trick: the BBC ditched plans to return for a follow-up series.

Equally, there is no getting away from the fact that there are poverty and social deprivation in Harpurhey that can take your breath away.

On the way out of the market, when I head off in search of the Embassy, there is a woman on her hands and knees and she is puking into the gutter. Nobody seems to do anything, or think it is anything out of the ordinary. Across the street, three blokes are sitting on a wall, clutching cans of Red Stripe and shouting words of encouragement.

The Embassy is at the top of Church Lane, then the first turn on the right, and in its heyday, hundreds of people from all over the country would pack this place every Friday and Saturday night to hear its defiantly politically-incorrect owner go through his comedy routine.

These days, it is a sticky-carpeted shell of what it was. Manning died in 2007 and his ashes are grouted into the mosaic of him above the entrance. There is a sign on the door to say anyone caught doing drugs will be banned. Another says, “If you don’t want to be nice, go home”. The world championship snooker is showing on two large screens but, contrary to what I’ve been told, there are no drinkers inside to watch it. Not even for £1.90 a pint.

“The area’s been like this for years, just a lot of deprivation,” Sean says. “It’s not even ‘working class’, it’s classed as ‘lower class’. A lot of destitute, poor people. A lot of unemployment.

“There are a lot of people who have got out and done well for themselves. But it’s tough here. There’s not been a lot of investment over the years. When you look at Ancoats, just down the road, it’s had £20 billion pumped into the area in the last 10 years. Ancoats is la dolce vita, isn’t it?”

Williams may now be just 90 minutes from the Europa League final… (Photo: Getty)
The idea of this trip was to get a better understanding of Brandon Williams as a person and footballer — and a picture is building.

“We’re good people, aren’t we, Lisa?” Bloomy calls out from the back of the cafe.

“Oh yeah, we stick together,” Lisa wants me to know. “Harpurhey does have a bit of a bad reputation but we look out for each other. We don’t get many good write-ups but there are a lot of hard-working people around here. People are coming to see me all the time. They just love the fact a lad from round here is playing for United. We are all very proud of him.”

It is not your average story: a Premier League footballer’s mum frying eggs and bacon at an indoor market. But it probably says a lot about Lisa that she has kept the business going.

“I have a brother with Down’s syndrome who has a picture of Brandon in the house,” Sean says. “My sister brought him down here and they gave Lisa the picture. She got it signed with Brandon’s autograph. That’s the type of people they are: good people.”

The requests come on a near-daily basis. “I had four tops for Brandon to sign last week,” Lisa says. “Before Christmas, I must have had 20 footballs for him to sign for kids’ presents. We were overloaded with footballs!”

And the future?

First things first, Williams has the opportunity to finish his breakthrough season in the Europa League final, if United can get past Sevilla on Sunday.

Everton tried to sign him at one point and Southampton enquired about a loan move earlier this season. Atalanta have also registered an interest previously. But he is not going anywhere.

His new contract at Old Trafford is worth around £65,000 a week and his sponsorship deal with Puma is the highest of its kind for any player of his age. He has played four times for England Under-20s and it seems only a matter of time before that is followed by a call-up to the senior squad. Williams is in Gareth Southgate’s thoughts and considered a genuine prospect for the European Championships next summer.

His life as an elite sportsman is just beginning and usually in these circumstances, it is not long before the player and his family upgrade to Millionaires’ Row — which, around here, tends to mean one of the more opulent villages in Cheshire.

Williams still lives at home and has spent his entire life in Harpurhey apart from one spell, from the age of 14, when he moved into United’s “digs” in Sale, a couple of miles from Old Trafford, sharing a house with a group that included Ethan Laird and Teden Mengi, both of whom are also now involved with the first-team squad.

He still likes to get a bit of food at The Snack Attack — sausages and egg on toast, apparently — but he also wears Palm Angels and other expensive designer labels now. He holidays in Dubai and a video of him giving his dad a new £40,000 Mercedes for a birthday present has already gone viral.

Paul has reached the heights in his own trade, as a window-fitter on the skyscrapers that have changed Manchester’s skyline (a bad fall in 2018 shattered his heel and left him on crutches for three months). The video shows him looking stunned at his son’s gift. “Are you joking me?” he wants to know. “Are you taking the piss? I’ve gone all shaky.”

Then again, Peggy Gallagher is still living in the unpretentious house in Burnage, south Manchester, where Noel and Liam were raised before Oasis hit the big-time.

Harpurhey, with its average house price of £98,559, is where Lisa and her family belong and, for now at least, it is where they are staying.

At home, one of her son’s United shirts is framed on the wall. In her cafe, there are various images of the worker bee (“Stay Strong Our Kid”), which became the symbol of the city after the 2017 bombing of the Manchester Arena. Bloomy calls her “the Pied Piper” because of the way United fans flock to the cafe. Her son still has the occasional kick-about with kids on Harpurhey Park.

It is the classic story of the local boy done good but Lisa’s regulars could be forgiven for wondering whether a day will come when she hangs up her apron and the shutters go down on their favourite eatery.

“I hope it doesn’t close,” Sean says. “They might have to start doing pasta and health food. Lisa might have to start calling herself, ‘Manchester United, head of nutritional needs’. But I hope not.

“A lot of people come here to socialise and congregate. They see Lisa and they just sit around, having a brew, all day. She’s had this cafe for years and it’s a proper place. It’s cheap, everyone’s dead sociable. Lisa hasn’t changed, there’s nothing big-headed about her at all. And you can’t beat a bacon butty, can you? Egg and chips, two rounds of bread and a cup of tea. Perfect.”
ramzis

Aš tą The Athletic kažkada už 24 Eurus metams pasiėmiau.
Ten su tais jų pastoviais promotionais ir dabar turėtų būt panašios kainos.
T-Wolves
Posts in topic: 43

yodawg
Posts in topic: 37

Ar tai reiškia, kad su Romero mes vartininkams mokėsim ~550-600k/w? Nors turbūt reiškia, kad Romero out.
Tommy
Site Admin

yodawg wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 21:02 Ar tai reiškia, kad su Romero mes vartininkams mokėsim ~550-600k/w? Nors turbūt reiškia, kad Romero out.
Labai liūdna, jog net negavo atsisveikinti EL rungtynėse, kurios jam ir priklausė, o ne DDG.